The team, facilities, and equipment at STRATUS provide endless educational opportunities. We can help you develop courses that allow your learners to:
We also provide customized evaluation sessions to fit the specific assessment needs, assistance in developing assessment tools and practice areas, and opportunities for remediation.
Along with onsite learning, STRATUS offers the capacity to implement simulation learning in your unit or practice area (in-situ trainings).
Who Do We Serve?
STRATUS learners and educators include nurses, residents and fellows, attendings, PAs, and other healthcare providers within a wide variety of disciplines.
Building a STRATUS Course
If you’re a staff member at Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH) or Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital (BWFH) and are interested in creating and facilitating a simulation course, please provide us with your course idea and related details by completing our short Activity Intake Form. Once we receive this, a member of the STRATUS team will follow up promptly with additional information.
As a Center accredited by the Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH), STRATUS adheres to all SSH guidelines for the review and approval of simulation courses.
Course Request Timeline
In general, we encourage the completion of an Activity Intake Form as far in advance of your proposed course as possible to allow for a greater opportunity to fulfill your preferred date(s). Please keep in mind STRATUS’s minimum timeline for course-related Activity Intake Form submissions:
Request at least 8 weeks ahead of the proposed course date
Request at least 6 weeks ahead of the proposed course date
STRATUS offers expert support during the course planning phase as well as during the implementation of the programs.
- An Education Specialist will help course directors to design a simulation program following simulation education best practices.
- The Education Specialist will be able to work together with the Operations Team to advise what resources and technologies might be helpful in achieving educational goals and objectives.
- The Operations Team will completely set up and break down all courses. They will be assigned to your course and will be present over the duration of the course. The operations team will help run any of the simulation equipment and provide support throughout the course to allow course directors and instructors to focus on the instruction.
Moodle: Our Learning Management System
Moodle is a learning management system that STRATUS uses to support and track all that we do. Before teaching your course, please create a Moodle profile.
Continuous Quality Improvement
The STRATUS team strives to continuously improve all that we do. As a part of our comprehensive program evaluation process, those who attend our courses will receive an email asking for anonymous feedback (it takes about a minute!). Please let us know how things went.
Generic, anonymous suggestions and feedback about your experience at the Center may also be submitted in two ways:
- Via an online feedback form
- Via our suggestion box just inside the entrance to the Center